Readers Choice Official Rules
- One entry per household or per online user - duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Entrant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Only official ballots will be accepted, no photocopies.
- No purchase necessary.
- A minimum of 25% of the ballot must be completed to be eligible to win.
- All entries must be received no later than Sunday, March 24, 2019 by 5 pm PST
- Employees/families of the San Bernardino Sun & Redlands Daily Facts (part of Southern California News Group) and its affiliates, are ineligible.
- Winners will be notified on Sunday, May 26, 2019. The San Bernardino Sun & Redlands Daily Facts will announce first-place and runner-up winners in each category.
- The San Bernardino Sun & Redlands Daily Facts will not enter into a written or oral discussion regarding the contest, and all entries become property of the Southern California News Group.
- The San Bernardino Sun & Redlands Daily Facts reserves the right to publish the results of the reader survey, delete questions, or restructure, and to refuse questionable or duplicate entries.
- By submitting your email address, you agree to receive future mailings from San Bernardino Sun & Redlands Daily Facts and/or the group's individual newspaper companies.
Readers Choice Contest Prize Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS 18 YEARS OR OLDER OF CALIFORNIA. Sweepstakes begins on Sunday, 3/3/19 at 8 am PST and runs through Sunday 3/24/19 at 5 pm PST. Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, San Bernardino Sun, and the Redlands Daily Facts (part of Southern California News Group).
2. ELIGIBILITY. Employees and their immediate family members and those living in their household, as well as each person or entity connected with the prizes, production or administration of the Sweepstakes, are not eligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER. One entry per household or per online user - duplicate entries will be deleted. Entrant must be at least 18 years of age. Only official ballots will be accepted, no photocopies. All entries must be received no later than Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 5 PM PST.. Employees/families of the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, San Bernardino Sun, and the Redlands Daily Facts (part of Southern California News Group) and its affiliates, are ineligible. Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, San Bernardino Sun, and the Redlands Daily Facts will not enter into a written or oral discussion regarding the contest, and all entries become property of the Southern California News Group. The Southern California News Group reserves the right to publish the results of the reader survey, delete questions, or restructure, and to refuse questionable or duplicate entries. By submitting your email address, you agree to receive future mailings from Southern California News Group and/or the group’s individual newspaper companies. All Entries become property of Southern California News Group. Please do not contact us in connection with Sweepstakes.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible Entries on or around March 25, 2019. Winner will be notified by phone and/or email. The selected prize entrant will be required to respond (as directed) to the phone and/or e-mail notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond within 72 hours from the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, “Sponsors” may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries. Each selected entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release/“Release”. Unless restricted by law, each selected entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within 5 business days. The prize may be forfeited and, in such case, an alternate selected entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible Entries. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to provide all necessary signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
- 5. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received.
6. PRIZES: Prize includes one (1) $1,199.00 gift card from Ashley HOMESTORE, Value: $1,199.00. Prize drawing will be held on or around Monday, March 25, 2019. No substitute prize will be awarded, except at the sole discretion of the “Sponsors” and selected entrants are restricted to using the prize as specified if prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of “Sponsors,” a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded.
- 7.CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of “Sponsors” which shall be final and binding; (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules and; (iii) to receiving telephone calls from “Sponsors” for the express purpose of marketing “Sponsors” products, except where prohibited by law. Entrants shall agree to, and “Sponsors” reserve the right, to use of the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media and to the use of the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of selected entrants as part of the publicity without any compensation or prior notice unless prohibited by law. “Sponsors” may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or “Sponsors’” representative. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of California with the exception of its choice of law rules. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a state or federal court of San Bernardino, CA.
- 8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release “Sponsors,” together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents illegible without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Sweepstakes, (collectively, the Releasees) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize related activities. Further the Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage due, completely unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Entries communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware software, and or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. “Sponsors” disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer program, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond “Sponsors’” control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
9. OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules, or a copy of the winner’s list, send your request along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Readers Choice Winners & Rules” c/o Southern California News Group, 21860 Burbank Blvd, Suite 200, Woodland Hills, CA 91367.
- 10. All Entry information collected in connection with these Sweepstakes shall be accessible by “Sponsors.” Such information may be used by “Sponsors” to contact each entrant directly with marketing, sale or other information. By participating in these Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby consents to such use.
11. Sweepstakes void where prohibited. Before being awarded a prize, potential winners and his/her companions/guest must sign a Limited Partnership, LP standard form of Declaration, Release and Waiver Form, releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising from, among other things: (i) participation in the Sweepstakes; and (ii) acceptance of the prizes awarded therein; and (iii) the administration of the Sweepstakes and distribution of the prizes awarded therein.
12. Liability Agreement: By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify “Sponsors,” and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion. By entering the Sweepstakes, each winner grants to “Sponsors” the right to the use of his or her name, likeness or photograph without compensation in any publicity or for promotional purposes carried out by the above parties. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. “Sponsors,” reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value and/or to terminate, modify or withdraw this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part (including altering the manner in which the prizes are distributed), at any time, without prior notice for any reason tampering or other causes beyond the “Sponsors,” control affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event a substitute prize is awarded, such prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. Further, “Sponsors” reserve the right to disqualify any person and void any entries of that person who it believes has tampered with the entry process or any other component of the Sweepstakes, whose conduct or action affects the administration, security or fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or who fails to meet or abide by the Sweepstakes Rules and conditions.